Saturday, April 17, 2010

stock'em


Jeff Matthew and I, hit up the
Historic Fort Worth Stock Yards. The history was facsinating & I loved the feel of the old west ...


They had some sweet antique shops and awesome art galleries ...mmm my favorite
we also ate at the Cattlemens Steakhouse which was divine ... I'm sure my grandpa & dad would've been jealous .... the entire experience reminded me so much of them ... miss them so



This big fella got to sport the cow bell as he lead the cattle drive
So get this ..these steers do this lil mimic of a cattle drive 2 times a day everyday except for 3 out of the entire year !!
wow



These bulls are serious ...
seriously huge ...
they are massive unlike any other bull I've seen !!
Depending on how long & the curl or bend to the horns indicates how old the steers are ..
another fact .. the horns work like lil cooling systems ..thats why they are able to live through Hot Texas summers


This is BIG JAKE ...
yup with a saddle on his back




so you wanna guess how much one of the steers goes for ???
how bout 3 grand a head
and selling up to a whopping 60-70 of them in one auction ....
phew .. I'm in the wrong business


Thank You again Jeff for yet another enjoyable outing ...
oh how I love them so


(if you come to visit us this is a for sure site to see while your here)


2 comments:

::dallas:: said...

i think the blog looks fine, the pics and stuff are kinda crazy, do you post your pics last?? looks like you are loving texas.

Anonymous said...

The Stockyards are so much fun! We go down there every year at Thanksgiving. Kind of like a family tradition now.