Sunday, January 31, 2010

'64 boat

Introducing .... the 1964 Lake Swan Allan Jervis edition




Yes we are now owners of this vintage beauty ... it was a gift given to Matthew
funny story about this boat ... it was given to us months ago and to be honest I hated the idea of having this boat ...
1. we had nowhere to store this boat
2. it looked really hideous under the tarp
3. was not fond of having to drag this thing to Texas !!


BUT ..Matthew cleaned it up yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised ... in fact im pretty stoked to be able to one day take this lil thing out on the water .. (if it runs ha ha !!)
Matthew has to put a little more work into it but... i will admit i was wrong about wanting to get rid of it ....
I'm sure we will get stopped out on grape vine lake by peeps who will appreciate its beauty if not it's cool ... I'll still feel pretty cool cruise'n in it...with my hot boo boo

4 comments:

Amanda Petersen said...

mike. is. so. jealous.

that is one sweet looking boat!

Zac & Sarah said...

OH MY HEAVENS!! I am jealous! Sarah Elizabeth Burk is freakin' jealous of your boat! It is so rad! I certainly hope that your besties (Zac and Sarah HAHA!) are going to be invited out in it. It is SOOOO awesome. I can't get over it.
It's like those old movies, when you see the girl and the guy driving down the road in the red striped convertible and she has a scarf on and it's blowing perfectly in the wind... EXCEPT it's a FREAKIN' BOAT!! *sigh*
so cool.. did I say that yet?

Jess Mangum said...

TEXAS??????? you moving?

Zac & Sarah said...

I must say, I don't know who mike, amanda, and elle are, but thank you to them. 1st they have an entertaining blog (and we all know how much I love to be entertained) and 2nd she led me to an insightful blog (total stranger as she put it) and I read for a while and cried my eyes out..

Thank you Amanda, my new blog friend.

And the mangum;s have a great point. Texas??

And I'm pathetic, because I have commented twice on here in the last hour and a half.