Sunday, February 5, 2012

wrapped up & delivered












The holiday's were a trip to say the least. Not gonna lie it was a difficult one for me this year. the puking children coughing and crying didn't seem to distract my mind that I was alone this Christmas. I love my family we are a dynamic bunch when we get together there is bound to be some entertaining moments.
The week long festivities started off with the annual home run derby. Dr. Spencer Wells took the trophy with 18 home run's (I think) with my brother Eric close behind him. Better luck next year my brother. Then all Sullivan, Wells & Webb families squeeze into my grandma mothers home where we of course eat but more importantly we play ! We played minute to win it which was a refreshing new twist to the evening, years past it's been a game of family feud. After the long anticipated wait we all open our box of count chocula cereal thank grandma with a hug & kiss then it's off to bed with us all... It's one of my favorite evenings of the year. Not only do I get to be surrounded by my own gorgeous nieces and nephews but all of my cousins kids are there and they are all so breathtakingly adorable & entertaining.
Christmas Day was the start of the chain reaction puke fest at the Sullivan home. My poor little nieces that were staying with us got so sick it was one kid after the other. There was also a strain of a cold going around too as well so no one in the house was safe. So needless to say we were confined to the house like we were under quarantine.
We did however venture out for walks and a little hike up the red cliffs in town with the little ones. I thoroughly enjoyed taking the girls down to the farm, my brother Neal showed the girls the many "treasures down at the farm" oh how I wish these babies could know this farm as I did. My heart aches to know that soon it will be gone, leveled to house many homes.
The Sullivan farm is truly my souls comfort and consoling place, a place where I feel closest to the most pivotal relationships I had growing up being with my grandpa & Dad. My children will never know these men here at the farm as I knew them. My heaven wouldn't be heaven without a sunny afternoon sitting with these two men under the shade of the "office tree" (pictured above).
One event I have loved since a young age is to go out target shooting with my brothers. I didn't shoot to badly considering I'm seeing so poorly with my right eye these days. (see the target picture above) It's such a bonding time I rarely get with these amazing brothers of mine they have their wives and families to tend to but for a brief moment we are like kids again shooting at old vhs tapes or milk jugs haha. Love these men!
Thank you to my lovely family for your never ceasing love and support during this very up & down year of mine.
Any who to wrap Christmas up and to be done with blogging it now... feels great!

1 comment:

Erika Sullivan said...

Love these photos, we had such a fun time with you. I loved our morning walk we took together. Thank you for all your help and being so conscientious of us and the girls and helping out so much. We love you and miss you.