Wednesday, June 22, 2011

contemporary dance









My experience in being apart of the St. George Contemporary Dance Concert was such a blessing, I met such amazingly talented & kind people.
Suprisingly I felt so comfortable on stage & wished the performance never ended.
This concert gave me such a sense of purpose and healing too. Trina choreographed me a solo spot in her Alone In the Crowd routine where she wanted me to go to that place of numbness & feeling immovable we both had experienced after the passing of our Fathers.
So I danced for my Dad..words can't express how I felt as I tapped into those emotions and invoked them through movement !
Thank you to my sister Shawna, my Moo Moo & Keith for coming out and supporting my dancing.. It had been such along time since I had performed so thank you, knowing you were out there watching made it even sweeter !!
Summer Roberts knows how to put on a great show and I hope to be invited to do the concert again next year ...ooo maybe with my own choreographed piece !

No comments: